Underside Rattles-UPDATED

Moderators: freelander02, anderstd

CassRacing
Yeoman

Underside Rattles-UPDATED

Post by CassRacing » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:37 pm

Well it appears the rattle from underneath my Disco II has been solved, here is the story:

After trolling the Disco forums over the last fortnight I had completely and utterly convinced myself that the flex plate was cracked and ready to shatter. I had been losing sleep worrying about the possibilities!

Today I went over my mum and dad's house. There I was crawling under the truck, with an inspection camera, trying to get it up the inspection hole to see if the flex plate was buggered. I was screaming obscenities like you cannot imagine, and I now have black eye (dont ask).

After an hour my dad comes out and asks me what I am doing. I tell him about the noise, everything I read online, etc. He can tell I am worried and upset, so he asks me to fire her up so he can hear the noise. He then crawls under the truck with a crescent spanner and VIOLA, the rattling noise disappears. Turns out both of the sensors that go in the exhaust were loose......

I stood there, staring at him, dumbfounded. He walks over and says "Son, you need to try and learn to not get sucked into the internet, and to learn the difference between a rattle that is just a rattle, and a rattle that is rotational".

It has been a bloody good day!

jagspeed
RoverViscount

Re: Underside Rattles-UPDATED

Post by jagspeed » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:55 pm

Score one for the voice of experience...

Good to hear it was something easy.
Sir Harold, Lord Jagspeed

I know how to operate a vehicle